Saturday, February 17, 2007

Here's to Valentine's Day!

"Valentine's Day"...
It's a day that can strike fear, depression, and anxiety in the hearts of single people (especially women) all across the nation. I was feeling a bit of this myself when a lovely bouquet of flowers was delivered to my workplace. For WHO? ME! It was hilarious to see all the kids rush over to see who they were from. I knew what to expect when I opened the card, but I have to say the excitement quickly faded for them when the card read, "Love Mom and Dad" :)
After work, rather than wallowing in my self-pity about my dateless condition, I decided to go out to dinner with a few friends. We had a good time together. I'm thankful for my friends. And I'm also thankful that I can breathe a sigh of relief that another Valentine's Day has passed without me resorting to eating a box of those "chalk-tasting" candy hearts just so I can read the sentimental words to myself :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

roses are red
violets are blue
I think you are pretty and a good friend too.

Maybe you should have bought yourself red puffy boots and you would have felt all
better.

Seriously, it was a rough one for me too. Hanging out that night helped.

Anonymous said...

You need a dose of reality. Valentines Day for married people with kids consists of fish sticks, french fries, washing 8 loads of laundry and doing homework for 2 hours. I would have preferred to buy the red puffy boots!