Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Life-Giving Friendship

It started out as just a meeting for coffee with a friend, to "catch up" on life with one another. Yet before I knew what had happened, I was baring my soul to her! I've been feeling this unexplainable "heaviness". I don't know where it came from or why I'm experiencing it, but I was driving yesterday and just started crying. I was sitting there explaining this to her, and for a moment, I felt this incredible release. She listens so well, and I felt as if she understood me when I barely understand myself right now. She didn't have any answers for me, but that's okay. I didn't need answers. I just needed someone to "be" with me, someone who I know I can share anything with. Thank God I have a friend like this.
Life is not meant to be lived alone. Yet I often find it extremely difficult and exhausting to build the kind of friendships that are "life-giving".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually a little surprised by your post. I thought I was your BFF...have you been cheating on me? I go away for 4 days and you're having these types of experiences with someone else!

Sarah said...

what? I thought I was your BFF. Step off Marcie. I will school you.

No, seriously, buddy I love you. I am here for you.

Rebecca said...

I understand the importance of having someone to talk to. This past month and a half has been kind of hard being out here in Chicago without anyone who knows me all that well. Keep the faith girl, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Andrea said...

Wow! I feel so loved :) And please, let's not fight over who's my BFF...there's enough love to go around!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Thanks so much for listening to me also. I needed someone just as you did, which is why God brought us together at that moment. Isn't it great to know that He gives us those in our lives when we need them most? I appreciate your friendship so much, and am blessed to have you in my life. You mean so much to me. I love you friend!