Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Lone Star State

I spent last weekend in Dallas, Texas with an old friend of mine, Tasha. Most of our friendship has been spent with both of us in separate states, and it was fantastic to finally be in the same place for 4 days, having lots of fun, experiencing new things, and simply being together.

We started my vacation off on a good note with pedicures! It was my first one ever. I've never gotten one before due to the extreme ticklish nature of my feet, but I made it through with only a few uncontrollable "jerks" :) Even now, a week later, my toenails still look great! (I think this may become my new luxury...)

Of course, being in Texas, Tasha made SURE that I was able to experience the grandiose nature of a rodeo. I think I was holding my breath every time a cowboy came out of the shoot riding a crazy bull. I was nervous for them! (And you thought SKYDIVING was dangerous...not even close!)

My last night there we went to this revolving restaurant in down-town Dallas that's up really high so you can see the entire city. It was a gorgeous view! We saw the sunset, as well as all the city lights at night, and enjoyed an over-priced meal :)
After I got back home and was thinking about my visit, I couldn't help but smile. Friends like this are hard to come by, and they should be treasured. I was reminded of this, even in a crazy Southern town like Dallas.










2 comments:

Chrissy said...

YEA!!! I am so glad you took some time for YOU, and that you had so much fun!

Sarah said...

Yay. fun times.
At the rodeo were you nervous for the poor bull or for the dumb rider man.
ew. Did they rope baby cows too, like chase them and them tie all their feet together? I never understood that! But fun times away from the craziness of home.

AHEM... roadtrip? let's focus here!!!!!