Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Never Without a Challenge (or a Laugh)

So here's a snippet of my life as a Bible study leader for 7th & 8th grade girls:

Girl #1: "Andrea, I have a question."
Me: "Okay...shoot."
Girl #1: "How do I know that what I believe is really the truth and that I'm not believing the wrong thing?"
Me: "Wow...great question." (And then we proceed to discuss this.)

Girl #2: "I have a question, too."
Me: "Okay...go ahead."
Girl #2: "If God created everything, then where did God come from?"
Me: "Wow...you guys are killing me." (And, once again, we proceeded to discuss this.)

Girl #3: "Ooohhh, pick me!"
Me: "Yes, what's your question?"
Girl #3: "Someone once told me that rain comes from when God pees, and snow comes from when He 'dookys'. Is that true?"
Me: "No. That's called the water cycle."

Never a dull moment :)

3 comments:

Noel Edwin Cisneros Ritter said...

Ha!!

My latest bible study kids' questions.

Question 1:
"Where did Satan come from, I heard he used to be on God's side." - Profound and difficult

Question 2:
"If God called you to the top of a mountain and gave you a choice between the ugliest woman on earth and the most beautiful woman on earth to marry, saying if you choose the ugliest you will go to heaven and if you pick the most beautiful you would go to heaven, which would you choose? I don't know what I would choose." - 5th grade boy.

I told him, "thankfully God doesn't like to play games with us."

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Here's another for you:
GOD is so mighty and all powerful that HE can make a rock sooooo heavy that even HE couldn't lift it!

Waddayathink'boutdat???

Andrea said...

Noel-
Those are great! It never fails to intrigue me how profound (on one hand) the kids' questions can be, and then how strange (on the other hand). :)

Just meee-
Not to get overly "theological" or anything here, (I don't think I know you, so I can't read your comment and know if you're joking or for real :), but if God made something that was bigger and "better" than Him, then essentially, He would no longer be God. That "thing" would have the power over Him at that point, and I think that instead of worshipping God, I'd have to worship "it". Make sense?