Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's Not Always a "Happy" Holiday

I was at my small group last night. One of the people in my group shared that for her, the holidays are an incredibly painful time. She doesn't look forward to them; she wishes she could essentially just "skip over" them. She shared some of the reasons why she feels this way, and I couldn't help but think of how many other people must feel this same way. So if you love and look forward to the holidays, then know that you (and I) are blessed. Thank God every single day for the incredible goodness He's given you. Yet in the midst of your gratitude, remember to pray for those you know who may, instead of joy at this time, feel pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just my opinion, but I think every day is a gift from GOD. As such we should celebrate each day like it is our last. L@@K for the unique gift HE gives us each day, like the glow of the snow in the starlight, like the footprints of the creatures of the night in the new fallen snow, like today, how your nose stuck together when you sniffed because it was near ZERO...

Perhaps if you rejoice every day, the holidays would not be so painful...?