Monday, June 25, 2007

The Great Outdoors



This past weekend some of our staff took a few girls on a camping trip. It's been quite awhile since I've been camping, and I was really looking forward to it! We did all kinds of fun stuff: rock climbing and repelling off a 100 ft. cliff & tubing down the river (it was supposed to be a "lazy" tube, but ended up being more of a "panicky" one :) We ate about 1,000,000 smores (each) & enjoyed a few campfire games. It was fun just to be together without a big agenda. It was a good reminder to me that these girls, although at times they may seem very "grown", are still just figuring out who they are and who they want to be.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

just a warm up for our week of wilderness!


I like you and the fun things you do.
I am proud that you are my buddy.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that cliff more like 10,000 ft. high?

Chrissy said...

yea! I am so glad you had a good time!