Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Staff Meetings

I really like the people I work with. We had our monthly all-day staff meeting today, and for part of it we broke up into our "teams" (I'm part of the Youth and Family Team), shared prayer requests, and then went around the room and prayed for the other teams in our organization. For the last segment, I was at our table explaining the prayer requests my team had come up with to the Women's Team. We then took the next few minutes and their team lifted up all our requests. It was incredibly encouraging to sit with these women and hear them pour out their hearts on our behalf. At the end, one of the women stated that at her church, after a time of prayer, they all lift up praise to God in thanks for what they believe He will do. So we all started clapping. (I will admit it felt a little strange to me, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it :)
I learn a lot from the people I work with, and I appreciate them. Days like this are good reminders of that.

No comments: