Tuesday, April 24, 2007

When Did I Become the Censor?

We took our girls' indoor soccer team to a Chicago Fire soccer game Saturday night. We had great seats, the Fire won, we got free hot dogs AND free t-shirts, and the girls got them signed by a few players (the shirts, not the hot dogs :) On the drive home, the girls started singing various songs that are popular on the radio. One of the girls in the front seat leaned forward and asked me if I liked the song they were singing. Then, she would holler back and pass the info. along to the rest of the girls. If I did like it, they would keep singing. If I didn't, they would stop and pick another song to sing. This seriously proceeded for the entire van ride home (about 1/2 hr.) Every song would be "checked"by me. It became quite humorous; I mean, when did I become the censor?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As an adult, children actually look to us as role models. We must accept this responsibility. Unfortunately, to many adults act like children and by doing so condone the childish behavior of young people.
Children are looking to see if adults have backbone enough to stand for what's right or if they just want to be accepted or cool with kids. To many adults choose "cool" over principle.

Anonymous said...

my friend, that is merely a glimpse of the humor and beauty and wonder of relationships. - mariko