Saturday, March 17, 2007

How do kids come up with these things? :)

I had my own adventures in motherhood the past few days as I was staying with 3 kids while their parents were out of town. It's funny how you can appreciate the freedoms of "singlehood" so much more after a stint like this :) One night, the youngest child, who is 3 years old, came over and crawled up on my lap. She snuggled up and laid her head on my shoulder. I asked her if she was tired and wanted to go to bed. She said no. I reminded her that she'd only had a short nap in the car that day to which she replied, "I wasn't sleeping...I was praying."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be a great mom someday...I always knew that and kids know that too...that's why they always take to you. You are loved...by many, the little ones, young people, and adults alike. You have been blessed and we are blessed to call you our own. Love, m.o.m.

Anonymous said...

That little girl must have very spiritual parents!!

Chrissy said...

Andrea, what a great story to be able to share with others. How truly it shows us the greatness of the faith of a child, and how simple it is and it seems to bring us back to this reality that faith doesnt really need to be hard. As an earlier comment said, you will be a great mother its true!
I hope things are going well for you!
<>< chrissy

Sarah said...

Nice, marcie. My thoughts exactly.

Andrea you are so fantastic, you make me smile buddy.