Monday, March 26, 2007

"Jesus Did NOT Come to Help Me Be a Better King!"

My pastor at New Community, in my opinion, is a phenomenal teacher! He is one of those rare people I've found in life that draws me in and makes me want to listen to them for hours. Rarely do I walk away from church without being challenged. I often find myself internally saying "Ouch" to something he says...it hits the mark. Yesterday he was preaching about the "Gospel" (I know, a scary word for some), and how ultimately, the Gospel is about the Kingdom of God. To put it briefly, everything we do in life either adversely or positively affects the Kingdom.
Jesus came to invite me to be a part of His Kingdom, not to help me be a better King!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so happy we found this church together.
I love my andrea.
We need to talk more after church though, about what we learn. It helps me process and I always enjoy hearing what you learned or you favorite pastor peter moments.

Chrissy said...

do you by chance go to new community church? My roommate has been going there, she keeps telling me I need to go with. Just reading what you wrote, it sounded alot like what my roomie was telling me about. The pastor from there has spoken at our school chapel/college life services a few times. A really great guy. He used to work for our university ministries too.

I am glad you have found a church wich you are learning and growing in!
peace
chrissy

Chrissy said...

ok...so after posting that last comment, and then going back and re-reading your post...i realized my initial comment question was completely ridiculous... lol. because you state right off in the first sentence it is new community church... wow... :) sorry. I was def. having a super busy/ stressful week.