Sunday, March 4, 2007

"I DON'T BELONG"

I'm going to this new church, and I have to say that I really like it! I'm being challenged in a way that's been missing for awhile, and I truly look forward to going. One of the things I like the most is that the pastor doesn't take the "easy way out". He really digs into a passage and pulls out meaning that I feel is so profound, yet usually merely glossed over by others.

Today he made the following statement that has really got me thinking. He said the Gospel is this:
We are more sinful and more rebellious than we ever dared believe,
yet more loved and more accepted than we ever dared hope.
I AM NOT WORTHY TO SIT AT THE FATHER'S TABLE! I DON'T BELONG!
Yet because of Christ, I AM, and I DO!

2 comments:

Valeri said...

indeed that is good news=)

Chrissy said...

what a statement. I am glad you have found a new church which you are being challenged in, what a great thing indeed. (just dont forget to challenge others also! :))
I have been thinking about you lately, and praying for you. I hope things are going well.
<><
Chrissy